Due to state directives, we are now closed through February 1, 2021.
Kane County Judicial Center
37W777 Route 38, Suite 25
Saint Charles, IL 60175
Hours of operation
Monday-Thursday: 8:45 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Friday: 8:15 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Hours are subject to change without notice
The Children’s Waiting Room provides free, short-term, drop-off supervised care for a limited amount of children from infant to age 12, of persons with business in the Judicial Center. During this time, children will not be accepted for persons who have business at the Kane County Courthouse (Third Street), Traffic Court, or at the Jail.
Strict protocols must be followed, including:
- Children and parents will have temperatures taken and recorded prior to the beginning of registration. COVID questionnaires will also be completed. This will be done in a screening area outside of the Waiting Room, only one family allowed at a time (family consists of child(ren) and one parent). Children will not be accepted that exhibit any symptoms of Covid-19.
- All belongings will be kept in cubbies outside of the Waiting Room. CWR staff will not be responsible for items left in cubbies.
- Children will not be allowed to enter with any type of soiled clothes. It is highly recommended that each parent/guardian brings a change of clothes for each child.
- Children over the age of 2 will be required to wear a mask while they are in the Waiting Room.
- Feeding bottles must be made in advance and given to staff.
- Electronic devices are still not permitted in the Waiting Room.
- Upon entry to the Waiting Room, children will be assigned to one teacher and stay with that teacher for the duration of their stay.
- Children in the same family will be kept in the same area and distanced from other children in attendance.
For further information, please contact:
Director, Children’s Waiting Room